Hasrouti Family - Nabaa, Beirut, Lebanon
1. The Hasrouti family is a family of seven: a father, a mother, and five babies: one boy and four girls.
2. The family lives in an old ground-floor run-down house in Nabaa, in very precarious conditions, especially due to the building’s waste water running down to the garden and into the house.
3. The seven persons live and sleep in one room only that serves as both a living room and a bedroom. There is no place for the family to gather for a meal, and no space for the children to sleep or study.
4. The entrance is from the so-called kitchen, not from the living room
5. The toilet is built outside in the garden: it has no sink, a damaged toilet, and a nylon cover serving as a rooftop instead of a proper rooftop and a window or a fan for aeration.
UNHEALTHY HOUSE CONDITIONS
- The building’s waste water is flooding the ground-floor apartment.
- The rooftop infiltrates water during winter.
- The wall painting is falling apart.
- The windows are old and broken.
- The main door is cracked.
- Electric cables are hanging all over the house, and spark off whenever rain comes in.
The insalubrities of the place present a serious health and security danger for the whole family.
HOUSE RENOVATION PLAN
Providing better living conditions for this family will transform their life.
BASSMA has taken on the task to renovate, repair and refurbish this run-down house, to turn it into a warm, welcoming and healthy home to live in.
Thank you Banque de l'Habitat S.A.L for sponsoring the whole project and financing it from A to Z. Thank you to your wonderful team for volunteering with BASSMA.
Thank you also to our continuous sponsors:
- GEAHCHAN Bath & Kitchen
- EXACTOS Trading and Contracting
- Tecman Industry - Grand Hills Hotel and Spa Broumana