It is a family of four: a father, a mother, a teenage boy and a grandmother.
The father sells coffee for a living, using a very old coffee machine on the street corner of his house in Bourj Hammoud. He earns a maximum of 15,000LBP per day, and has to pay for the material (coffee, water, plastic cups, sugar, etc.) which amount to 10,000LBP per day. He suffers from diabetes and gangrenes in his legs and had to amputate his toes. He is currently suffering from many infections and has no means to pay for his medicines, which cost 200,000LBP each month.
The mother found a job two months ago as a cleaning lady in a school. She earns 400USD per month.
The boy, 12 years old, is a student in a semi-private school. He needs tutoring classes.
The grandmother is suffering from hypertension and osteoporosis and needs chronic medicines. The family is unable to ensure all those needs.
The family's rundown house is located in a very popular street in Bourj Hammoud. It is an old construction which has not been renovated since the grandma was a young girl. The house is composed of the following:
- A tiny living room on the street level, which lets wind and water enter the house in the winter. The grandma, the mother and the boy also use this room as their bedroom.
- A bedroom, with a broken double bed where the father sleeps, and a broken closet.
- A rundown kitchen with a sink and counter so old they could crumble at any point.
- A very old toilet, a sink that can also crumble at any point, and a damaged water heater without shower.
- The rooftop infiltrates water during winter.
- The wall painting is falling apart, all windows are old and broken, and the main door is cracked.
- Electric cables are dangling all around the house, and spark off whenever rain comes in.
The insalubrities of the place present a serious health and security danger for the whole family.
Because of the living conditions, the family members are depressed and without ambition. There is no place for the family to gather for a meal, and no space for the boy to study.
Providing better living conditions for this family would transform their life.
BASSMA has taken on the task to renovate, repair and refurbish this run-down house.
A big thank you to all the donors and sponsors so far!
- Geahchan bath & kitchen for the sanitation materials
- Exactos for Trading and Contracting for the painting materials
We still need the following:
WORK, MATERIAL & ACCESSORIZES
- Plumbing work, repairs & material: 950$
- Electric work, repairs and luminary fixtures: 500$
- Aluminum & glasses (for 3 windows): 650$
- Window reparations: 40$
- Kitchen closets: 500$
- Pesticides (4 times/year): 150mce_markernbsp;
- 2 sofa beds: 500$
- 1 bunk bed: 200$
- 1 single bed: 225$
- 3 mattresses: 440$
- Bedding & Bed linen for 3 beds: 240$
- Kitchen & bathroom towels & floor carpets: 80$
- 1 big closet for the bedroom: 400$
- 2 bedside tables: 100$
- Toilet accessories box: 25$
- All kitchen material & utensils from A to Z
- Gas stove: 200mce_markernbsp;
- 2 ventilators: 48$
- TV and Radio: 250$
- Two Lampshades: 180$
- Four Lamps (LED): 84$
- Decorative items: 100$
- 2 Carpets: 400$
TOTAL NEEDED: 6,262$
You can participate in this house renovation through financial donations or by donating materials.
We are counting on your generous contributions to transform the life of this family.
For online donation click here or contact us at 01-38 39 38/ 03-068519.
Thank you in advance for your generosity!