Tabet Family, Karantina, Beirut, Lebanon.
The father works as a fisherman, the mother suffers from diabetes and obesity. The children go to public schools.
The family’s rundown house is located on the sea side of Karantina’s maritime road. It is built with low-price materials, and is threatening to collapse at any time.
The house is composed of the following:
- A tiny living room under street level, which allows for dust and garbage to be thrown at the windows.
- A deprived kitchen with a sink and counter that are so old they could crumble at any point.
- A cabinet toilet without a door, and without even shower, a sink or a water heater.
- A bedroom for 5, with beds that are all broken and very high humidity that causes health problems.
The rooftop is made of broken “eternit” that infiltrates water and mud during the winter season.
The multi-level floor is made from cement, and puddles of water are formed all around the house when it rains.
The wall painting is falling apart, all windows have no glasses, and the main door is cracked.
Electric cables are pending everywhere in the house, and spark off whenever rain comes in.
Moreover, the house is filled with insects and rats.
The insalubrities of the place present a serious health and security danger for the whole family.
Because of the living conditions, the children are often getting ill, missing school and feeling too tired to play. They lack space to study and don’t have the luxury of any privacy.
This house is next to the battery factories of Karantina, only a few meters away from the sea.
Providing better living conditions for this family can transform their life.
BASSMA has taken on the task to renovate, repair and refurbish this run-down house.
You can take part in this house renovation with the BASSMA team through financial donations.
We are counting on your generous contributions to turn the life of the family members.
For online donation or contact us at 01-38 39 38/ 03-068519.
You can check here below the REQUIRED AMOUNTS:
WORK & MATERIAL& ACCESSORIZES
- Plumbing work, repairs & Accessorizes: 950$
- Electric work, repairs and luminary fixtures: 500$
- Floor tiles (40m2): 250$
- Carpentry (all the kitchen+living room+bedroom): 1,790$
- Aluminum & glasses (for 3 windows): 375$
- Painting: 200$
- 1 sofa bed: 350$
- 2 sofas: 400$
- 1 bunk bed: 180$
- 3 mattresses: 275$
- Bedding & Bed linen for 3 beds: 174$
- Kitchen & bathroom towels & floor carpets: 80$
- 1 big closet for the bedroom: 350$
- 2 bedside tables: 100$
- Table for kitchen + 4 chairs: 200$
- All kitchen material & utensils from A to Z
- Toilet accessorizes box: 25$
- Household machines (Gas stove, Washing machine, Fridge): 600$ (used)
- Pesticides for 100m2: 150$ (4 times/year)
- 2 desks & 2 chairs: 300$
- Decorative items: 100$
- Carpets: 200$
Protection for the rooftop (80m2): 1,000$
TOTAL NEEDED: 8,500$
A big thank you to all the donors and sponsors!
- GEAHCHAN Bath & Kitchen for the Sanitary accessorizes
- Technoshade for the Sunscreen Curtains
- Exactos for Trading and Contracting for the painting
Thank you in advance for your generosity!